Be sure to check out the projects listed on the City of Mustang website as well: https://www.cityofmustang.org/page/projects!
8/22/23 UPDATE: Crews plan on Closing Paisley Rd. at S. Sara Rd. on Aug 24th to reopen Sep 7th. MESSAGE FROM THE CITY OF OKC: "WEST ENTRANCE TO WESTBURY SOUTH AT PAISLEY AND SARA RD WILL BE CLOSED OFF AND ON FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS BEGINNING THIS THURSDAY AUGUST 24TH FOR CONSTRUCTION PURPOSES. PLEASE USE THE NORTH EXIT/ENTRANCE OR OTHER ENTRANCES INTO AND OUT OF THE WESTBURY SOUTH AREA. THANK YOU."
8/8/23 UPDATE: Beginning Monday - 8/7 at 8:00am, Mustang Road will be narrowed down to one lane, both north and southbound, from the intersection of Mustang Road and SW 29th South for about 1/4 of a mile.
This setup will be in place for about two months as the City of OKC has instructed the developers to widen both sides of Mustang Road about 8' to accommodate for new business and dwellings and create five lanes of access.
We wanted to give an update on OKC/ODOT road construction projects that will affect Mustang Schools' students and patrons.
Current OKC Road Construction Projects in the Mustang School District boundaries:
- Intersection of SW 29th and Sara Road (ODOT project) - scheduled to be completed in early September 2023;
- SW 15th St from Sara Road to the JK Turnpike - set to begin construction in Nov/Dec time frame;
- SW 15th St from the JK Turnpike to Czech Hall Road - still in the planning phase;
- Sara Road from SW 15th to SW 29th - under construction - completion target Spring 2024;
- Mustang Road from SW 89th to SW 104th - under construction - completion target late September 2023;
- Cimarron Road from SW 15th to SW 74th (Hwy 152) - construction set to begin very soon/completion target early 2024 (Mustang School buses will be allowed through, all other traffic diverted).
- District News