McKinney-Vento Homeless Education
All students, regardless economic situation or living arrangement, have a right to an education. Mustang Public Schools believes in providing students in our community with a quality education and we will work with you to ensure that your child has the necessary resources to succeed.
Your school-age children may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act if your family lives in any of the following situations:
- A shelter, a motel, or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- A car, park, abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
If you believe your children may be eligible, contact us to find out what services and supports may be available.
Support is available for families who need help. Contact your child's school counselor for assistance.
- Food 4 Kids - All Mustang Public School Sites partner with the Regional Food Bank to provide food to families.
- All America Clothes Closet - Sponsored by All America Bank.