Oklahoma Alternative Placement Program
The Oklahoma Alternative Placement Program provides an opportunity for individuals with non-teaching degrees to teach in Oklahoma accredited schools. The eligibility requirements are:
- Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Have a major in a field of study that corresponds to an area of Oklahoma certification for a Secondary Certificate, Elementary/Secondary Certificate, or a Career and Technology Education Certificate
- Have at least a 2.5 retention Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Document two years of work experience in your degree field area or completion of post-baccalaureate coursework related to your degree field area
What must I do to be admitted to the program?
To determine if you meet the eligibility requirements for the Oklahoma Alternative Placement Program submit the following to the State Department of Education:
- Alternative Placement Information Packet with a $50 processing fee (check, cashier’s check, or money order) made payable to the Oklahoma State Department of Education
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities. Transcript must denote degree earned and the date degree was conferred.
- A current resume
Emergency Certification can only be obtained through a request to the Oklahoma State Department of Education by Mustang Public Schools.
Oklahoma State Department of Education
12400 SW 15th ST
Yukon, OK. 73099
909 South Mustang Rd
Mustang, OK. 73065