Child Nutrition/Food Service
Our mission is to play an essential part of students learning by providing wholesome nutritious meals to all students.
All our meals are nutritionally balanced to include, dairy, meat, fresh fruits and vegetables at each meal.
This is an ongoing process to improve and provide quality meals to our students.
More than 30 percent of Mustang Public Schools' families qualify for the Free and Reduced Lunch program. Even parents who believe they will not qualify are encouraged to apply for this much needed program. Applying for the program is confidential and significantly helps with funding for classrooms
Starting NOW, you will be able to assist our district by submitting a Free and Reduced application. The online application is safe, secure, private and convenient. Your data will be transmitted to the Child Nutrition Office the same day you apply, allowing for quicker processing so you can receive benefits faster. If you apply online, you are not required to turn in a paper application.
Have questions about online free/reduced apps? Learn more here English /Espanol.
Apply online for free/reduced lunchES FOR CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR ONLY -All other applications for pre enrollment MUST be completed after July 1, 2024 for THE upcoming 2024-25 school year.
Need help with another language? Please click here.
Easily load money in your child's account online for ala Carte items this year! Create your free MySchoolBucks account to conveniently and securely add money to your student’s meal account online or with the mobile app.
With MySchoolBucks you’ll also be able to view cafeteria purchases, check your student’s balance, and receive low balance alerts and pay for school meals from anywhere!
Get Started Today:
- Go to myschoolbucks.com or download the mobile app
- Create your free account and add your students using their school name / student ID
- Add funds using your credit / debit card or electronic check
Note: For each transaction, you will be charged a program fee of $2.75
- Set up automatic payments and never forget to send in money again
If you need assistance with your account, you can find helpful how-to videos and answers to commonly asked questions by visiting myschoolbucks.com. Alternatively, you can contact MySchoolBucks directly by logging into your account to start a chat conversation or give them a call at (855) 832-5226.
All families who wish to apply for reduced or free meals with the Mustang School District are encouraged to fill out an application starting after July 1 and/or anytime during the school year.
A new application must be completed at the beginning of each school year. Paper applications will available in English and en español at all school locations and on this web site after July 1 of each year. The letter explaining how the program works is also available below.
Tips to have an application successfully filled out properly
- List all children who attend the Mustang Public School District.
- If receiving food stamps or TANF benefits, list the case number in the space provided on top line area.
- List all household members and their incomes.
- Make sure to fill out the form completely: signature, social security number, address and your phone number.
Did you know that if your child qualifies for free or reduced price meal benefits, there may be additional benefits such as discounts or "0" costs for the following services? Ask your school for more information; not all benefits are available at each school.
- Advanced Placement Tests
- Running Start books
- Athletic Fees
- Pre-college exams (PSAT/SAT/ACT)
- College Application Fees
- Field trips
Need help with another language? Please click here.
In keeping with USDA’s Paid Lunch Equity pricing requirements, Mustang Public Schools is required to raise meal prices for the 2022/2023 school year. The last student meal price increase was 2020/2021 before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meal Prices for 2023-24
Student Breakfast - $2.25 all sites
Adult Breakfast - $2.50
Student Lunch at Elementary Schools and Intermediate Schools - $3.25
Student Lunch at Middle Schools and High School - $3.50
Adult Lunch - $4.85
Student - Reduced
Ala Carte Items
Ala Carte Items are still available for purchase, send cash or check with your student or add money to their account through MySchoolBucks.
If you DO NOT want your child purchasing any ala carte items/Smart Snacks (approved by USDA) through the lunch line, please e-mail Debbie at CruzD@mustangps.org so we can flag their account.
Meal payments online...not in line!
Registering for MySchoolBucks.com
- Click here to go to MySchoolBucks.
- Click Sign Up and enter the required information.
- Click Finish to complete the initial registration process.
Add Students to Your Family Account
- When you log in you will be taken to the homepage.
- Click MyKids from the main menu OR from the blue navigation bar above.
- This is a listing of the students in your account. It will be empty on your first visit to the site.
- Click Add Child and enter the required information.
- Click Add (next to your child’s name) to continue.
- Click Add Child to repeat the process for additional children.
- NOTE: Your child’s transaction history report will not display information during the initial account set up process.
How to Make a Deposit
- Click Deposit Money located next to Add Student.
- Enter an amount in the Deposit column next to your child’s name.
- If you have more than one child, enter the amount you wish to deposit into the column next to each child’s name. DO NOT deposit money for your entire family into ONE child’s account.
- Click Calculate.
- Click Make Deposit.
- You will be directed to the PayPal web site to enter your payment information.
- You have the option to use your existing PayPal account or a major credit card to make your payment.
- If you are using your PayPal account, enter your email address and PayPal password to continue.
- If you are using a credit card, enter the required information. For your protection, MyNutrikids.com will not store your financial information.
- Click Pay Now when finished.
- Click Pay once again to finish the process.
- *E-CHECKS WILL TAKE UP TO A WEEK TO PROCESS!
DO NOT USE YOUR PAYPAL USERNAME & PASSWORD AS YOUR MYSCHOOLBUCKS USER NAME & PASSWORD. Doing so could compromise your online security. Please use a different user name and password. If you have already used a Paypal user name & password as your MySchoolBucks user name & password, please change it immediately.
If your child received a card last year, and you still have last year’s card, please check the balance. If you have just received a card for the first time & you need help call (405) 522-5050 or to Activate/Replace your card, you will need to contact DHS at (888) 328-6551 or connectEBT.com and if a parent or guardian needs to request an address change , they may do so here.
We will be glad to assist in any way possible, we can tell you if your child was on the list, what your child’s free/reduced status currently is and their Testing number if needed. Unfortunately we do not know the status of P-EBT cards. Please see important information below and links below.
Offer Versus Serve
Mustang Public Schools will be providing more options for elementary and intermediate students. "Offer versus Serve" is a program approved by the USDA that allows students to refuse as many as two items of the five items that make up a school lunch (or one of four items at breakfast) as long as what they do select includes a half-cup of fruit, half-cup of vegetables or a fruit juice. As room allows, Mustang's school cafeterias will be offering a variety of fruits and vegetables for students to select from.
With the Offer Versus Serve program, students are no longer required to take milk or a milk substitute. Students can select a juice and two to four other items to make up their reimbursable meal. Allowing students to have more control of what is on their plate will be a bonus not only for the students, but should also lead to less food being wasted.
Questions? Call the Child Nutrition Department at 376-7317.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) visit any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation.
The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue,
W Washington, D.C.
Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
- Email USDA
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.