Explora by EBSCO provides a safe, trustworthy environment for students to look up articles and facts for research papers, class projects or homework. A far better alternative to websites and search engines, Explora provides students with easy-to-use features and age-appropriate content from the world’s leading magazines and reference books.
Available free statewide on school and home computers and from mobile devices, Explora offers all of the following:
- High-quality articles licensed from reputable publishers, recognized by library professionals
- Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos
- Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic
- Topic Overviews that provide students with a starting point for research
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
- Numeric reading-level indicators to help students and teachers find grade-appropriate articles
- No ads or pop-up windows
- COPPA compliancy, meaning EBSCO does not ask for or require personal information to use its databases
- Password-protected personal folders that allow students to save search results
- Citation help, including the ability to export citation information to online bibliography generators such as EasyBib and NoodleTools
For tutorials and information on using the above tools such as text-to-speech and reading level-indicators, go to Using EBSCO Databases in the K-12 Classroom. We encourage you to explore these resources.
to get started!