We wanted to let you know the plan for the remainder of the year. We exhausted our banked days on Tuesday, April 10. Rather than adding three days to the calendar and returning to school after Memorial Day, we have opted to add 30 minutes to each school day so the last day of school will remain May 25. The last day, which was originally scheduled to be a shortened day, will now be a full day.
We are adding 10 minutes to the school day in the morning and 20 minutes in the afternoon. Bus schedules will change by those same times. Remember, it is a good practice for students to be at their designated bus stop five minutes before their bus is scheduled to arrive.
School hours for the remainder of the year are as follows:
• Elementary Schools: 7:30 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
• Intermediate Schools: 8 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
• Middle Schools: 8:30 a.m. to 3:55 p.m.
• Mustang High School: 8:30 a.m. to 3:55 p.m.
Individual school sites will notify parents of changes to bell schedules and lunch times.
• The start and stop times for pre-kindergarten classes across the district will remain the same.
• Times for alternative education at Mustang Education Center will remain the same.
• Canadian Valley Technology Center students will have the same schedule at CVTech. Morning students may be returning to a different class or a class that has already started. The same would be true for afternoon students leaving for CVTech.
• Concurrent class times will remain the same.
We look forward to seeing students Monday!