Pre-Kindergarten Round-Up set for March 21

The Pre-kindergarten/Kindergarten Round-up is Tuesday, March 21 from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Mustang High School Commons.  Mustang High School is located at 801 S. Snyder Drive, Mustang. From Mustang Road and Highway 152, take Mustang Road south. Turn right on Forster and enter through the main MHS entrance. Please come in through the main doors. The round-up and Pre-K/Kindergarten placement is not on a first-come, first served basis. Everyone has an equal opportunity to get in the site they prefer.  

To speed up the process for patrons, parents are asked to stagger their arrival times based on last name:

• If your child’s last name begins with the letters A-J, please attend Round Up between 4:30 and 5:30.

• If your child’s last name begins with the letters K-Z, please attend Round Up between 5:30 and 6:30.

• If you were unable to arrive at one of the earlier times, you may attend between 6:30 and 7:00.

For Pre-K students: Download the pre-kindergarten enrollment documents at Children must be 4-years-old by Sept. 1, 2017 to qualify for pre-kindergarten. Please bring a completed packet to the round-up. (Forms can also be picked up at any elementary school or the Mustang Administration building.)

For kindergarten students new to MPS: Five-year-old students who DID NOT attend Mustang Public School's pre-kindergarten program last year and who need to enroll for kindergarten may also bring the appropriate enrollment material to the round-up. Please download and complete the kindergarten enrollment forms. (Forms can also be picked up at any elementary school or the Mustang Administration building.)

An enrollment checklist is included in the forms, including which vaccinations a child must have. Site secretaries will be present to enroll the students and nurses will be on hand to review immunization records. Please have proof of all required immunizations to bring to the round-up.

Pre-kindergarten is offered by location as the district has space. More than 300 pre-kindergarten students will attend class at Mustang Education Center. Satellite pre-k classes were opened at Centennial Elementary, Creek Elementary, Trails Elementary and Prairie View Elementary to accommodate additional students. The location and number of satellite classes for 2017-2018 will depend on enrollment and space available. Every child who enrolls for pre-kindergarten will be accepted, but which school they will be assigned to cannot be guaranteed.

Anyone who cannot make it to the Pre-kindergarten/Kindergarten Round-Up is asked to turn in their completed packet at Mustang Education Center, 400 N. Clear Springs Road or at their neighborhood elementary school between March 22 and April 3.

Parents who enroll their children at the Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Round-up will be notified which school their child will attend by a phone call or letter before May 25, 2017.

Required Documentation
Documentation Required at Enrollment:
  • Official (certified) birth certificate
  • Two current, complete proofs of residency (More information on district residency policy is here. If you cannot verify your address because no utility bills or renters agreements are in your name, see the requirements for the residence affidavit here.)
  • Transcript (for grades 9-12)
  • Withdrawal form, issued by previous school (if during the school year)
  • Legal documents (custody, guardianship, adoption, name change, etc.)
  • Immunization records (State immunization requirements are listed here. Additional information about state required vaccines can be found here.)
Required Forms
Forms Required to Enroll:

Name of Form: Required for: For more Information: 
2017-2018 Pre-K
& Kindergarten Packet 
Pre-K 2017-2018 Packet
(use this 2017-2018 Kindergarten packet only if your child DID NOT attend Pre-K with Mustang Schools.)  
• These forms can be filled out on your computer and saved to your computer. To fill them out on your computer, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download.  
• If you are using a mobile device to fill out the forms, you will need an app such as Adobe Acrobat Reader that supports fillable forms.
Click here for the Android version.
Click here for the iPhone version. 
 All students entering pre-kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year.  
Please use these forms only if you recently moved to the district and need to enroll your pre-k student for the remainder of this year, 2016-2017.  
2016-2017 Pre-K Packet
Title VII/ Indian Ed Form 506
All students entering pre-kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year.
2016-2017 Kindergarten Packet
Lunch Account Snack Opt Out 
For all students entering kindergarten who DID NOT attend pre-kindergarten at Mustang Schools.
2016-2017 First Grade Enrollment Packet
Lunch Account Snack Opt Out
For students entering first grade at Mustang Schools for the first time.
2016-2017 - 2nd - 6th Grade Packet
For students entering 2nd through 6th grade who did not attend Mustang last year.
 2016-2017 - 7th - 8th Grade Packet
For students entering 7th through 8th grade who did not attend Mustang last year.  
2016-2017 Ninth-12th Grade Packet

 For students entering 9th through 12th grade who did not attend Mustang last year.


(Apply Online for 2015-2016 after August 3, 2015) Any Students Who Wish To Qualify For Free/Reduced Lunch Letter To Household
Paper Application
MPS Child Nutrition

(Spanish Letter).
Enrollment FAQ
Enrollment FAQ
1: What can I provide as two proofs of residency?

Acceptable proofs include gas, water, electric bills, warranty deed statement, ad-valorem tax statement, mortgage statement, rental agreements, or a realtor’s or construction contract. However, the intent to build a home does not constitute legal residency. If a home is in the process of construction, and a copy of the construction contract with the local address can be filed with the school system, a resident shall have approximately 45 school days from the date of initial enrollment to establish permanent residence in the home under construction. Telephone, Internet, cablevision bills, checks and drivers’ licenses will not be accepted as proof of residency.

2: Where can I get my child's current immunization record?

Acceptable immunization documents include a record provided by a licensed physician or a public health authority. These documents must include dates and a signature, or stamp of the physician or health department official. Students may not enroll without complete immunization records or proof that the student is in the process of receiving required immunizations. No exceptions will be made. Exemptions to state immunization law may be granted in accordance with state law and State Department of Health requirements.

3. What immunizations are required for 2016-2017? Download a copy of the requirements here: 2016-2017 Immunization Requirements
4: Where can I get my child's official birth certificate?

Certified copies of birth certificates can be obtained from the vital records division in the state where the child was born. For a child born in Oklahoma, visit the Vital Records Service Room at the Oklahoma State Department of Health, 1000 NE 10th St., Oklahoma City. The office is open Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Call 405-271-4040 for more information, or for instructions on obtaining a birth certificate by mail. For a child born outside of Oklahoma, the National Center for Health Statistics provides a list of Vital Record agencies here.

5: What is a withdrawal form?

Students entering second through 12th grade need to bring a withdrawal form from the last school they attended or the last report card showing the school’s name and address for a record request.

6: What are examples of legal papers?

This includes custody, guardianship, adoption, name change, etc.

Our School Sites:
The links below will take you to Google Maps for each school site.
School Site
Mustang Education Center
Mustang Centennial Elementary
Mustang Creek Elementary
Mustang Elementary
Lakehoma Elementary
Mustang Trails Elementary
Mustang Valley Elementary
Oklahoma City
Pre-K-4 Prairie View Elementary
9201 SW 59th St.

Oklahoma City
5-6 Mustang Horizon Intermediate Center
430 W. Forster Dr. Mustang 405-256-6282
5-6 Canyon Ridge Intermediate Center
3600 S. Sara Rd.
Yukon 405-256-6955
Mustang Middle School
Mustang North Middle School
Mustang High School
© 2017. Mustang Public Schools. All Rights Reserved.
906 South Heights Drive, Mustang, OK    Phone: 405-376-2461
Quick-Edit Login