PARENT LATE drop off or EARLY check out (for doctors' appointments, etc.) - You may only park in front lot between 8:15 AM & 2:40 PM if checking student in or out through front office. Please come into office with your child. Thanks! (This should not occur in peak drop-off and pick-up hours. )
For safety reasons, for early check out... you should try to make PRIOR arrangements and pick up your child PRIOR to 2:45 PM to ensure safety and minimize student-confusion or miscommunications. If you arrive after 2:45, you will be asked to pick your child up from car-rider drive at 3:05.
Do not use Front Drive and Front Doors during peak DROP-OFF and PICK-UP hours.
- Peak hours: 7:30 AM - 8:10 AM and 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM.
- During these times, students are only allowed to enter the building during South Car-rider drive/doors if they are a car-rider or North Bus-rider drive/doors if they are a bus driver.
Mustang, Oklahoma City, and Canadian Cty. Police departments have put traffic patterns in place for Canyon Ridge. The crosswalk across Sara Road is only to be used for students who live in the housing additions across the street.
Car-rider Drop-Off is the far SOUTH drive of the school, which loops around by the cafeteria.
- Students may be dropped off as early as 7:35 AM and enter through the South Car-rider Doors.
- Students may eat breakfast in the cafeteria or go straight to the gym.
- The first bell rings at 8:00 AM. At 8:00 AM, students will go to 1st hour classrooms. Class begins at 8:10AM.
Car-rider Pick-Up requires a GREEN ID SIGN in the car window.
- Cars may pick up students at 3:05 PM on the SOUTH DRIVE as well.
- To obtain your GREEN ID SIGN, you must show proper ID and be listed as an emergency contact in the computer. Pick up the GREEN ID SIGN for your CAR WINDOW at Schedule Pick Up, Open House, or in the front office.
The police departments set up the traffic procedures outlined in the TRAFFIC MAP below.
- Please adhere to the right turn only procedure.
- The barricades cannot be removed until exactly 7:35 AM and 3:05 PM.
- Please do not arrive prior to those times because vehicles are not allowed to stop on Sara Road to wait for the barricades to be removed. You will be required to pass the school and circle back around if you arrive a few minutes prior to 7:35 AM or 3:05 PM.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but the police implemented these traffic procedures due to past safety concerns.
NOTE: For safety reasons, cars without the GREEN ID SIGNS in the window will be asked to meet their child in the front office and show ID to pick up your child.
ONLY BUSSES AND FACULTY CARS ON NORTH DRIVE.
- Bus Unloading and Loading occurs on the NORTH side of the school.
- Only faculty and buses are allowed on the North Drive for safety reasons. Students are unloaded and loaded from buses near the gymnasium.
It is never our intent to make things difficult... Our primary goals are to keep everyone safe and try to make traffic flow as well as possible. If you have questions or problems, please call the office and let us know - 405- 256-6955. We will do our best to help. Thank you for following procedures and for your understanding and support.