Welcome English Language Learners!
The ELL program provides additional language support based on student need.
Academic language is practiced in the content areas of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. English Proficiency is practiced through the four domains of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
We also Journey Into Reading with focus on Reading Comprehension.
Literal Skills included are:
- Recognizing the Main Idea
- Recalling Details
- Determining the Sequence of Events
- Identifying Cause-and-Effect Relationships
Inferential Skills included are:
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Making Inferences and Drawing Conclusions
- Telling Fact from Opinion
For students in the ELL program, Spring WIDA language testing in the four domains of listening, speaking, reading and writing occurs Feb - April.
Anita Haftek, ext. 1411
Canyon Ridge Intermediate
Mustang Horizon Intermediate