Sean McDaniel started his career with the Mustang School District in 2012 as superintendent of Schools. During the 2012-13 School year he was appointed to the State Superintendent’s Advisory Team. From 2013-15 Dr. McDaniel served locally on the Mustang Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as well as at the state level, providing leadership as a member of the Oklahoma School Administrators’ Association (OASA) Executive Board. Recently, he was elected to a 5-year term as a Board member for the Oklahoma Secondary Schools’ Activities Association (OSSAA) and was appointed to Governor Fallin’s Educational Advisory Council for the 2015-16 School Year. McDaniel recently accepted an appointment to serve on the Cavett Kids Foundation Board. He is also on the Board member of Oklahoma Public School Investment Interlocal for a 3 year term beginning 2017-2020
Sean began his career in education as a language arts instructor at Denver’s Highland High School from 1986-1988. From 1988 until taking the Mustang position in 2012, he served in several teaching, coaching, and administrative capacities in both Colorado and Oklahoma. This year marks his 30th year in education and 14th as a district superintendent.
Sean graduated from Northeastern State University in Tahlequah in 1986 with a B.A. in journalism and secondary education. He went on to receive his master's degree in educational administration from Northeastern State University in 1997 and his doctorate in educational leadership from OSU in 2014.
Sean is a very active member of the community and believes that civic involvement is crucial to the success of any organization. As a leader in his community, Sean has opportunities to support and advise organizations and school districts across the entire Oklahoma City metropolitan area. His leadership and community involvement includes or has included:
- Educators’ Leadership Academy University of Central Oklahoma
- LaSallian Leadership Institute Mundelein University, Chicago
- Dean’s Leadership Roundtable Midwest Province, Chicago, Memphis
- State Superintendent’s Advisory Council Member
- Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administrators, Oklahoma Association of School Administrators, Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association, Oklahoma Schools Advisory Council, United Suburban Schools Association, Association of School Curriculum and Development
- Coweta, Englewood, and Mustang Public Schools’ Chamber of Commerce Executive Board
- Coweta Economic Development Council Executive Board
- Because of Jesus Ministries Board of Directors
- Coweta, Englewood, and Mustang Public Schools’ Education Foundation Executive Board
- Colorado High School Activities Association Member of the State Board of Control
- Denver Area Superintendents Council (DASC) Member
- Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE) Member
- Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) Executive Board District 14 Director
- Oklahoma Governor’s Educational Advisory Board
- Oklahoma Secondary Schools’ Activities Association Board of Directors
Sean and his wife, Traci, have two children: Erin and Mac. Sean and Traci welcomed their first grandson into the world in July when Russell Brooks Lormer was born.
Erin, a computer analyst, and her husband Jeff, a technology systems technician, reside in Broken Arrow with their newborn son, Russell. Mac is a sophomore at Deer Creek High School in Edmond.
Sean’s wife, Traci, teaches private piano and vocal lessons.